Inspiring Hope and Happiness for Those with Cystic Fibrosis
Inspiring Hope and Happiness for Those with Cystic Fibrosis
26th Annual Narberth CF Run & Walk
The 5-mile Narberth Run will be held in-person this year, along with virtual 5-mile run and 2-mile walk!
Though our traditional date has always been in April, we are excited to announce that after a long wait we are able to hold the 2021 the Narberth Run LIVE in Narberth, PA on Saturday, June 19, 2021 and virtually on Saturday, June 12 through Saturday, June 19, 2021.
For your safety, space will be limited, so be sure to register early.
The health and safety of our participants, volunteers, and staff is our top priority. We will be implementing safety measures that may include, but are not be limited to: mask wearing before and after the run, social distancing, rolling or staggered start, and reduced pre- and post-race festivities. The number of participants will be limited to 250 runners this year. Please check back soon as registration will be open on a first-come, first-served basis.
While we will not hold the in-person 2-mile walk or kids run, we will offer the option for participants to take part in any event (run or walk) virtually. We will continue to provide updates throughout our planning process. Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
We look forward to seeing you this June!
Take A Breather Foundation
(Note: Updated 4/29/2021)
The 2021 Narberth CF Run
A 5-Mile Run winding through the quaint streets of Narberth, PA. This marks our 26th year running for wishes for individuals battling cystic fibrosis. This USATF Certified course and is one of the area’s more challenging 5 mile runs and is a great training run for the Broad Street Run.
- 5-Mile Competitive Course, USATF Certified
- Electronic chip timing
- Custom Designed T-Shirts. Register Early!
- Medals awarded to the Top 3 Male & Female Overall Finishers.
- Medals awarded to the top Male & Female in each age group.
This year we do not plan to hold the 2-Mile walk in-person, but plan to hold it again next year!
Registration is available for: In-Person Run, Virtual Run, or Virtual Walk
- OPENS SATURDAY, MAY 1, 2021
- All event registration will take place online only. There will be no in-person registration or packet pick-up the day of the event. Please see packet pick-up instructions. See Packet Pick-Up Details- PDF Coming Soon.
- Please check our Facebook page for updates and announcements.
- In-person run will be held rain or shine. No Refunds.
- Registration includes our Classic Race T-Shirt and Bib.
- We will be following all current CDC guidelines: How to Protect Yourself & Others | CDC
- Do not attend if you have tested positive for COVID-19, have symptoms, or if you have had close contact with a person who has tested positive for or who has symptoms of COVID-19.
- EVERY participant (runners, volunteers, and staff) is REQUIRED to wear a mask in Narberth Park.
- We will have a staggered start to the race, utilizing chip timing, and runners will approach the starting line via socially distanced corral.
- There will be NO water stops along the course. Runners can carry a water bottle or friends/family may pass a water bottle to runners while cheering.
- ALL in-person participants must read the full list of COVID-19-safety practices here: PDF LINK TO COME.
Love our traditional Narberth Run t-shirt but can’t join us in running or walking this year? Claim a Narberth CF Run 2021 T-shirt here and support Take A Breather Foundation!
WANT TO TAKE YOUR SUPPORT A STEP FURTHER?
The Narberth Run has supported wishes for children and adults battling cystic fibrosis (CF) since 1996. Cystic fibrosis is a terminal illness that takes the lives of its victims way to early and for which there is no cure. We ask that each runner and walker to help us in our mission to help those battling CF. By donating, you can help us in our mission of providing an opportunity for a CF patient to take a breather from their disease through a respite wish.
Help make this possible by donating today or creating your a fundraiser! You can fundraise as an individual or as a team! To register your fundraising team, please email [email protected]. We will feature your team on our website.
As an individual, you can create an online fundraiser, create a Facebook fundraiser, or quickly donate online.
As a team, you can create a group through our fundraising page. There, you can challenge one another or compete against other fundraising teams. You can also create a Facebook Fundraiser for your team.
Every donation counts!
• $125 supports a day in Disney for a CF patient.
• $200 supports grocery relief for a family during the pandemic.
• $250 supports a Chromebook helping students with school this fall.
When 5 friends each sponsor one mile at $25 you can support a child’s day at Disney World!
Bring your friends together for a fun morning complete with FREE volunteer T-shirts and more! Great for high schoolers, college teams, and others looking for volunteer engagement and a FUN team-building experience! We can provide documentation for volunteer hours.
We’ll need help with: Day-Of Course Marshals and Pre-Registration Packet Pick-Up.
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions. Thank you!
A LONG-RUNNING TRADITION
Beginning as a centennial celebration for Narberth Borough in 1995, the Narberth 5 Mile Run has flourished to become one of the best small town five milers in the country. 26 years ago, the McCloskey and Nardi families, both from Narberth and both having sons living with cystic fibrosis (CF) continued hosting the event. Proceeds from the first Narberth CF Run supported a wish for a local child battling cystic fibrosis (CF), who received his care at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. He and his family took a breather from CF and enjoyed a magical trip to Disney World.
The run grew and in 2012, developed into the Take A Breather Foundation. Led by Executive Director, Matt McCloskey, who has CF and had a double-lung transplant in 2015, and many friends- new and old- and family, the Narberth Run and Take A Breather Foundation have provided over 250 wishes, or “breathers” for children and adults battling cystic fibrosis since the first run 25 years ago.